Sunday, March 06, 2005

s-c-a-r-y

I had the weirdest journey home.
I missed one bus by 5 minutes, which meant that I had to wait for 2 hours for the next, which true to the machinations of Murphy's Law, contrived to break down along the way.

I sat on the bus next to a guy who spoke to me for less than 5 minutes, and immediately informed me that i was either a Cancer or Virgo. W E I R D . I am , incidentally, a Cancer.

All this meant that the bus reached at the unholy hour of 3 am, and with no viable means of public transport, i had to trudge my way home on foot. Now stray dogs have always scared the hell out for me. And i as i walked back, i was surrounded by some 25, TWENTY-FIVE i kid you not, strays that barked and growled and snarled and howled at my every shivering step. Its a good thing barking dogs seldom bite, else i wouldn't be around to tell the tale.

When they finally got bored of bullying me and left, who was to arrive in my path but a drunk with a broken bottle in his hand. I wouldn't like to go into the details, but we had a charming conversation, only terminated by my decision to run like a madman.

Its a wonder i'm still alive

PS
I got tickets for Mark Knopfler's concert tomorrow. Woo hoo !

4 comments:

JL said...

ridiculous. it's good that you made it and tickets... bonus! well done.

S. said...

whoa.

a pack of crazy dogs have always been my worst nightmare.

*shiver*

veby scary, all of z'es.

saba said...

For some reason, your life seems to be mirroring Harry Potter's day by day.

So did you actually turn around and count the dogs?

melon collie said...

there were 25 atleast, i tell you , TWENTY - FIVE ! " grimly nods "

About Me

a recluse waiting for salvation