Wednesday, March 23, 2005

fit the bill?

My favourite lines from one of my favourite books ,Jack Kerouac's "On the Road"

"
..the only ones for me are the mad ones, the ones mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing but burn burn burn like fabulous Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centrelight pop and everybody goes 'Aww' .

"

Anyone fits the bill ?

5 comments:

JL said...

i'm of the first five, but words fall to the commonplace too often these days. i'm mad to be saved, mad to live, mad to talk and deeply desirous of everything - now now now. and now, my burn is a sizzle just waiting to pop.

saba said...

mad to talk. mad to talk. mad to be talking in the first place though.

Sapphire said...

I'm the mad mad kind.

melon collie said...

the book is a boundless repository of brilliant lines, as steely dan has again demonstrated.

Steely dan (first used by William S Burroughs right? ), not able to access
your blog :(

Anonymous said...

Heh. Need I say?

About Me

a recluse waiting for salvation