Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Dazed and Confused

I dig Richard Linklater. I really do. The man gives me perspective.

"I mean, God. Don't you ever feel like everything we do and everything we've been taught is just to service the future."

"Yeah, I know. It's like it's all preparation."

"Right, but what are we preparing ourselves for?"

"Death."

" If we're all going to die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now as some minor insignificant pre-amble to something else."

In other news, the fork in the road is approaching. My life and career, and the direction of the same.Time to toss the old coin, and ask the question again.

I mean man, whither goest thou?
Whither goest thou, melon collie, in thy shiny car in the night?


3 comments:

melon collie said...

Yep, thats where i picked it up :)

Refuge said...

Is that from Before Sunrise, Before Sunset or School of Rock? ;)

melon collie said...

Actually from 'Dazed and Confused', an earlier movie.
I simply adore Before Sunrise/Sunset though.

About Me

a recluse waiting for salvation