Friday, April 07, 2006

jabberwocky

Things are getting, in the words of the very trippy Alice, curiouser and curiouser.

****
The recently concluded Advanced Physics Lab, despite its natural inclination towards inducing mind-numbing lethargy, does have its redeeming features. Much of my time there this semester has been spent actively seducing the lab assistant, slowly, surely entrapping her in the web of my bedeviling charm, subjecting her to a veritable cascade of flirtatious overtures that she cannot resist. (In her defense, who can?)

She's probably about forty-five. I wonder if she's married. With that Cheshire cat smile, and those dancing eyes, she'd make a fine Mrs.Robinson. Not quite the svelte figure, but beggars can't be choosers, can they?

God bless you, please Mrs. Robinson
Heaven holds a place for those who pray
hey hey hey

***
It seems that over the past week, I've become something of a celebrity on campus. (Not for no reason, I might add, but that is best kept under wraps) People have started giving me the oddest stares, the likes of which are normally reserved for monkeys fornicating on the hostel terraces unmindful of the gawking, drooling, spectators below.

Off with their heads, I say. The fawning multitudes, I mean, not the monkeys.

10 comments:

S. said...

hmpff. but tell you must. go on, now, spill it out

The Cat said...

ha ha. For the post, that is. Someone shares my passion for old wine, I suppose. :p Also, a comment not related to the post: yay! You like 'Norwegian Wood'! Murakami's finest, I believe, if you count 'Sputnik Sweetheart' out. :)

i hang like a star; said...

ah, but fawning of any sort is always good. enjoy the attention while it lasts. maybe it's your shameless philandering with Mrs. Robinson.. tut tut.

it could also be your drunken, mushy messages that has resulted in your undoing. uh-oh. :)

melon collie said...

sid, nooo way, secret!

aaki, i am head over heels in love with midori. and i after i finished 'sputnik sweetheart', i pretty much decided that i wanted to be a primary school teacher.
murakami just makes me happy.

starry, shameless philandering it is! and i need to find a solution to the dtunken mushiness syndrome.. and fast.

i hang like a star; said...

i have a simple, rather effective solution: leave the damn phone at home! impossible though. -sigh- as with most brilliant plans..it's just not feasible. tut tut.

also,i've been meaning to ask; is 'melon collie' a Smashing Pumpkins reference? if so, WOOHOO! i <33 the Pumpkins.

The Cat said...

Midori is so free, its just so beautiful. I couldnt understand what the fuss was about Naoko, though. And Im insanely devoted to all the plain Watanabes that sprout up in almost every Murakami wonder. And K is good too. Okay, must stop trashing your comments page with sighs over glorious Japanese Literature. :) Reference to "old wine" comes alive here. Im crazy about Murakami the man.

melon collie said...

starry, yea, the pumpkins it is :)

aaki, what about the rest? Oe and Kawabata and Tanizaki and Ishiguro?
Or even good old Pico Iyer.
Been down those roads too?

The Cat said...

OMG! Im in LOVE with Pico Iyer. I absolutely loved his "Abandon" the most. Because I love Rumi's poetry. And I like Ishiguro. I like Kawabata. But noone can ever beat Murakami. My literature Gods: Vikram Seth, Murakami, Hermann Hesse, Ivan Klima, Franz Kafka, Pico Iyer, TS Eliot. Shakespeare. Of course. Have abused the word "love" here, but thats what I feel for these authors. :) You like any of them? I have a thing for Czech, Japanese and Indian Literature. Have read everything, literally. :p
PS> have madly spammed your comments box again.

keed said...

off with the sadistic heads of mortals..

melon collie said...

aaki, yea pretty much agree with the "Gods". Not read any Klima though, only a little Kundera.

Billy, pretty much, yes :)

About Me

a recluse waiting for salvation