Wednesday, March 15, 2006

diamonds and rust

My gift is my song and this one's for you.

****
Uno

Let me sing you a waltz, out of nowhere, out of my thoughts. A long long time ago, I can still remember how that music used to make me smile. Summer of 69. Anarchy in the UK. Sitting on the dock of the bay, wastin' time. Pretty woman walking down the street. Something in the way she moves. Judy blue eyes. You sexy thing.

"Ooh my little pretty one, pretty one.
When you gonna give me some time, Sharona? "

"Dream on."

"Layla, you've got me on my knees.
Layla, I'm begging, darling please. "

"Save tonight , fight the break of dawn.
Come tomorrow, tomorrow I'll be gone."

"You can call me Al."

***
Dos

Dancing in the dark. Singin' in the rain. Nights in white satin, never reaching the end. I see trees of green, red roses too. I see them bloom for me and you. And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

****
Tres

And then I go and spoil it all by saying somethin' stupid.
Like I love you.

Under pressure. Every rose has its thorn, every night has its dawn.

"I want to break free
I want to break free
I want to break free from your lies
You’re so self satisfied I don’t need you"

"Why do you build me up, buttercup bab-y,
just to let me down, and mess me around ? "

"I hate everything about you ."

" What else should I be, all apologies . "

*****
Quatro

Was I outta my head, was I outta my mind ? How could I've ever been so blind ? No woman, no cry. NO woman, NO cry. Show me the way to the next whiskey bar. Red, red wine. Go to my head. Make me forget that i still need her so.

But it hurts me so just to see you go around with someone new, doin' that thing you do. Oh, bab-y bab-y, it's a wild world and I'll always remember you like a child, girl.

*****
Uno

1979. Motorway to Roswell. Sitting on a park bench, eyeing lil girls with bad intent.

"Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name ?"

The circle of life. Que sera sera , whatever will be, will be.

*****

With permission, of course, from (in this order) Elton John, Julie Delpy, Don McLean, Bryan Adams, The Sex Pistols, Otis Redding, Roy Orbison, George Harrison, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Hot Chocolate, The Knack, Aerosmith , Eric Clapton, Eagle Eye Cherry, Paul Simon, Bruce Springsteen, Gene Kelly, Louis Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, David Bowie, Poison, Queen , The Foundations, Ugly Kid Joe, Nirvana, Fastball, Bob Marley, The Doors, UB40, The Wonders, Cat Stevens, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Pixies, Jethro Tull, The Doors, Elton John, Doris Day. Phew .

P.S
For a few hours, a couple of days back, I had shut down this blog. Here I am again, for better or worse. Here to stay , hopefully.

9 comments:

JL said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JL said...

"emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds... won't you help to sing?"

glad you're back, mel.

Le conteur said...

Loved that post. :)

And glad to know you aren't quitting...

S. said...

good to have you back :)

Refuge said...

You what?

Glad you changed your mind. Almost feel like digging up my old Ugly Kid Joe records to celebrate, but I'll let common sense prevail. :)

discopapaya said...

hello.

clears throat.

Hey Lyla! A star's about to fall
So what d'you say Lyla?
The world around us makes me feel so small
Lyla!
If you can't hear me call the i can' say
Lyla!
Heaven help you catch me if i fall

quit. o hell no. you be staying but right HERE. comeon, i dont sing for anyone ok.

melon collie said...

thanks, all !

The Cat said...

Rather late in the day this, but I never knew of your existence, thus you can discount things, I believe. Some of my favourite songs in there!! :)

melon collie said...

aaki, better late than never, wouldnt you agree ?

some of my favourites too..

About Me

a recluse waiting for salvation