Thursday, May 19, 2005

Ode to a squishy stomach

I hate looking up at billboards and seeing those muscular, brawny body-building types smile their fake plastic
smiles and cavort in their Jockeys or Calvin Kleins.

I don't have a six-pack. Or a four-pack. Or a one-pack. Or any abs to speak of. If you want to know the bare truth, I have a nice squishy stomach.

And what's more, I'm proud of it. Proud of having dropped 4 inches across my waist over the last year, down to a very respectable 30. Proud of not letting my self-esteem suffer at the hands of gym-obsessed image addicts with a penchant for giving individuals less statuesque than themselves inferiority complexes.

Maybe I'm just averse to sweating it out. Big lazy bum, I can almost hear you say, grimly nodding your all-knowing head. Maybe you should try sitting around with my books and my music, with a bit of football thrown in, just for fun. And who says fat people can't play a bit of the beautiful game ? Just look at good old-Che tattooed hand-of-god junkie Diego.

I'm sure a killer body feels good. And impressive to some too. I'm just happy with my squishy stomach thankyouverymuch.
Somebody pass me that chocolate cake.

9 comments:

S. said...

squishy stomachs make the best pillows!

Sapphire said...

oooh squishy stomach! i second sidrah!
-saphiya(new blog)

saba said...

I hate my squishy stomach. Somedays I just want to chop a layer off using a big butcher knife.

S. said...

Can i please hand a towel to the nekkid lady?

*points to header picture*

S. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
S. said...

Pablo's Don Quixote =)

http://www.poster.net/picasso-pablo/picasso-pablo-don-quixote-7900441.jpg

JL said...

squishy stomachs are so easy to get rid of... even more easy to start tomorrow, or the next day. i forget.

melon collie said...

Sidrah and Saph(great to see you back),
i want a squishy stomach to sleep on. I wonder if any one would volunteer :)

So do I, Saba, so do I.

Di, women with nice squishy stomachs are 'curvaceous' , but such men are 'fat' , right?

Jasi, how do i get rid of it? how how how
(Of course i wouldnt want to exercise like crazy or stop eating junk food :) )

And no Sid, no towel for the nekkid lady, i wouldn't want to
upset Mr.Botticelli

JL said...

less salt, 20 good crunches daily. sure fire. honestly, i wish it were harder so i could have an excuse.

About Me

a recluse waiting for salvation